October 13, 2007

Same story, new thought


The Paul boys--Neil, Scott and Sean
We went over to their house last friday to play and decided to go for a walk. He has a tractor with pedals and an attatched wagon. Fiona loves to ride in the wagon and get pulled by Scott (he is very strong). About half-way through, Fiona had had it with the wagon decided to see what was up at his end of the tractor experience. Thinking she wished to take over his ride, he raised his arm so as to smack her, but then thought better of it held her hand. As I told my mom about this, she keenly mentioned how vital relationships and trust are. Even at the ripe old age of 2, one can differentiate motives based on past experience. Had anyone else attempted to get that close to "Big Blue", they would have needed smacked, but Fiona, she's my friend and I'm sure she means me no harm. Did Scott really think about all these things? While it's humorous, I doubt it. But is it any less true with us adults? We think sharing things so near and dear to our hearts, like Christ, is difficult or risky, but if that trust has been built up? What can I say? And I learned it from two 2 year olds.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather and Brett,

E-mail me at dahcs@yahoo.com.

Chad Summa

Brittany and Grant said...

I need you to know that for the past couple of days my kids have been saying, "I know how to say bear in German. I know how to say computer in German." We have a new girl and they are trying to impress her. And they are coming to me asking me for more German words. So funny!! Just thought you should know that. Miss you guys like CRAZY!!!!!!! E-mail me something random.
Love,
your siser