September 17, 2008

A lot to learn...


This is my Fiona, how I know her and love her. Was her entire face, and most of her white sleeves, blue when I picked her up from preschool? It is so true! And who was beaming with pride that Annelena painted it for her? That's right. I strive to take it in stride and see it how she does. My friend, Christin, has been a great example to me; allowing her daughter, though perfectly dressed in pink, to get as dirty need be.



Who has ever made grape juice? Well, we just did. Walter, our landlord, has grapevines growing all over the place as they provide great shade. Today I was sweeping the walkway when he came out and decided we were going to make some grape juice. He got out the old fruit press and along with his children, we made grape juice--6 liters. And it didn't even take that long nor was it that messy. I really feel like I'm learning a lot just living here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that Braveheart paint on her face? :)

Grant said...

Um...Heather, I remember a young lady who was not afraid of making mud pies when she was younger. Please let your daughter use this MUCH more sanitary form of expression without too many complaints from her mother!!!