November 28, 2008

Göttingen

No picture with this one, sorry, dad, but I just really wanted to share something. Fiona and I went to see a friend of ours, Christin, and her choir perform. It's a Gospel Choir, which is quite the "culture attraction" here. I'm not sure what it is, but a lot of Germans are interested in this kind of excitement or show, as the case may be. As I thought about what my friend said about not everyone in the choir being a strong believer, I asked myself what, then, motivated them to sing with "soul" if not for the meaning of the texts. I have no answer, save the overwhelming sensation that fills my heart everytime we drive over a certain hill and see the lights of Göttingen. "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope you have." (1 Peter 3:15) I am so thankful to be here and part of God's plan.

No comments: