December 14, 2008

Decorating for Christmas


This is Fiona's advent calendar. Christin and I each made one for our daughters. This kind of advent calendar (with a small present for each day of the advent) is very popular here and I've always wanted to make one, but never did. Isn't it perfect!?!?!



Putting the tree in the stand. We had a hard time finding a place that was already selling Christmas trees, on the 12th of December.



Fiona's 2008 ornament.



Do you see what I do in this picture? "This isn't as much fun as I thought it would be because mom isn't letting me put anything on the tree." Maybe next year.



Okay, we're done! I don't know if you can tell, but Fiona saw the stockings in the box and said, "Oh, socks!" and put them on.


This is for you, mom. It's the Joshua 24:15 verse. It's just the way I pictured it! Thank you.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

You didn't let her put anything on the tree!!! Heather...I would be sad too. I'm sure she wouldn't knock it over on purpose. There's probably not any chocolate in her advent calendar either, is there??? By the way Fiona looks way cute...and older...with her new hairdo.

Grant said...

Holy cow! Great pictures...that kid is the definition of cute. Heather, I'm sure she won't be emotionally scarred for life by not being allowed to touch her own Christmas tree and only getting to wear the stockings. I wouldn't even worry about it. The verse is great, too. According to these pics, Bert shlepped the tree up the stairs and disappeared. I need more Bert in these online memories.