January 20, 2007

Of the top ten ways to meet your neighbors...


I would not recommend the method I recently emplyed. It was early in the evening, yet completely dark. I was pulling out of our driveway and met our neighbor's leased, black bmw. A moral battle ensued. I informed our neighbor lady, but since we couldn't really assess the damage, I said, "Sie wissen ja wo ich wohne." As you can see, I did make my mark (my damage is on the left), but she had, just two days prior, had a run in with her garage (on the right). We got to talking and it turns out she's an elementary teacher at the school just down the road from the church! I told her that I had also studied to be an elementary teacher and she asked me to be involved in her school's English afterschool program! When we talked yesterday, she found out that my damage would cost about 50 euros, she said to just forget about it since her damage would cost considerably more. I'll be going in to meet her colleagues on thursday to talk about how I can help them enrich their English classes and I'll be visiting Frau Bitar's (our neighbor) class on Friday. (I'm so excited abou this because I've been wanting to see how they structure their English classes at such a young age--third grade, which is actually the second grade in the US.) We both said we're glad to have come in contact, despite the situation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bräddy told me the story but never thought it should be so much fun to read it again. :) Btw. Cool Blog!
Saludos,
Tim