August 7, 2008

First day of Preschool!!

We practiced getting up early, but apparently, it didn't help.


Despite the uncertainty written all over her face, she was really excited to start preschool.




I stayed for about an hour until Fiona told me to leave. And with some tears in my eyes, I did. Hard to say what kind of tears they were. If you're a parent, you know. I guess it's the kind of tear you shed when you're sad to see a chapter end, but know that the next chapter was inevitable and will be just as wonderful. And mixed in there somewhere is knowing that she's ready, but I'm not and that she has no idea how much school lies ahead, but I do. And so, I pray, "Father, as hard as it is to believe, you love her more than I do. Protect her and guide her. Give her a spirit willing to learn and the confidence to stand tall."

1 comment:

Brittany and Grant said...

Heather, you must keep these pictures forever and ever. The one eating breakfast is classic. I love love love it. Sweet blog, too. I am sure that was a hard day!!