October 31, 2010

What did you do on Friday morning?

I sat, worried, waited and prayed. As you'll see, the packers came. Inspecting the mountains of stuff, though drastically reduced due to insane shipping prices, I thought "No way!" The guys came, said we'll be done by noon (starting at exactly 8), and that all of it and more would fit. So I was still a doubter, just call me Thomas.


Getting started

They worked really fast!

The containers

trying to take a break from worrying

we even got Noelle to worry with us

very thorough

and did I mention quick?

First one full! And at this point I'm thinking, what if it doesn't fit what else can I live without? What else can I sort out?

Second one full! And can you believe it? He said, not quite full, what else you wanna send? I could not believe it, metaphoric weight fell from my shoulders (wouldn't it be nice if worrying made actual weight fall off?).

And they were off at 12:15! Just like he said, we thought he was crazy, that there was no way they'd be done that quickly. I guess that's what 20 years of experience'll do for you. I'm sure there's a spiritual lesson to be learned it that...

I must say, that though we are living in a pretty empty house, it is quite a relief to know (or hope?) that our stuff is on its way. One step closer to establishing a new household. Home really is where the heart is and you don't need stuff for that. We are so blessed with a wonderfully healthy family, friends willing to help see us off and then get settled on the other side.


That's all folks!!

No comments: