November 13, 2007

A band, ein Tafel and Faith...

So, I'm in a band. We have no name and we like it that way. We have no leader and also like it that way. We come together because we love Jesus and want to sing His praise. We don't all go to the same church and our age is varied. Sunday's gig was my first, and let me tell you, this is much harder than it looks. We sang 14 songs, I think, and I knew about half of them.






I also volunteer with Catja at the Peiner Tafel, a "store" people come to when they just can't make ends meet. They don't charge for the groceries, since the goods there are donated by the big grocery stores in the area. I've been there twice so far and it is nice to be anonymous. I'm just a volunteer, and do whatever needs to be done; I don't have to make decisions about how to run the store. Completely new rolls for me. Not to be in charge or even know what's going on. I'm just along for the ride. And I'll tell you something else, that's not just how I feel in the band or at the Peiner Tafel. Life is so unpredictable. The dollar reached an all-time low against the euro (lower than it ever was against the mark) this week--$1.47=1 euro. So our finances seem completely out of our control, and they are. We know in our hearts that He'll take care of us, but it just doesn't add up. I guess that's why it's called Faith.

No comments: