November 6, 2007

May we be clay?

I don't know how you feel about weekends, but I feel much busier on the weekends than I do during the week. Last weekend, for example...



After cleaning the church (families rotate each month, November is our month), the youth group met to pick up trash on friday night. We got them to come by promising pizza (that we did not find while picking up litter). It was pouring down rain and pretty dark when we started. We also made cards for Sara and Isabella, who are in the hospital.




On Saturday, they (fiona and I were not invited, wonder why?) got together to play Risk. And then Catja invited us over for a three course meal. I helped prepare it and I must say, it was very little work for such an amazing culinary experience.


This weekend will be even more packed, including some volunteer work, a combined worship service with the church from hildesheim, a basketball game and my debut with a youth worship band. "Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." May we be clay.

No comments: